Friday, October 19, 2012

Criminology

You know how people on cooking shows will be like "Oh, good, a desert challenge, this is my playground!". Well, I've been pretty excited for this section, because serial killers and criminology are kind of my playground.

Don't give me that look, we all want to study things we like, and things like this fascinates me and it's what I know best! I mean, that's not to say I've had close contact with killers or anything... at least as far as I know... but it's where my field of study lies. I've wanted to go into go into and research criminology and serial killers and behavioral analysis and victimology and things like that since before I can properly remember. Even as we speak, one of the tabs I have open is the course requirements for the criminology department of a school I'm applying to, another for the forensic psych program, where some of the courses overlap. It's interesting beyond measure to me, which explains my excitement about this section.

I don't have an article or video or anything, though I will tell you if you're interested in serial killers or other types of criminals  in mass media (i.e., crime shows), you should check out Criminal Minds, a show that runs on CBS on Wednesdays at nine, but I do have a question. For those of you who are interested in criminology and forensic psychology/sociology, what do you think the most common misconception is about crime/criminals/killers, etc.? I know it's a bit of a gory topic, but hey, I guess I can pass it off as it being close to Halloween, but I guess you guys'll all know the truth- that I genuinely like studying weird stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment